The mix of greens, vegetables, and salmon covers almost all of your nutritional bases.
2 salmon filets (6 ounces each), rinsed and dried
1 teaspoon dried or fresh parsley
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pinch ground black pepper
4 cups spinach leaves
10 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1 clove garlic, minced
20 asparagus spears, with bottoms cut off
1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 tablespoon honey mustard (use the lowest sodium one you can find)
1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Place the salmon in a deep skillet big enough for the salmon to lay flat on the bottom. Cover with 1″ of water.
- Add the parsley, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque.
- Lightly scrape off the skin and fat line.
- Evenly divide the spinach, tomato, and blueberries between two plates. Top each with half of the salmon.
- In a nonstick skillet, combine the oil, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the asparagus, bell pepper, and pinch of black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the veggies are slightly tender.
- Add the honey mustard. Cook for 30 seconds longer, or until the honey mustard slightly caramelizes.
- Lay the veggies over the top of the salmon. Sprinkle with the almonds.