I was born and raised in Billings, and after years of traveling, farming, and working in the food and beverage industry, I returned to my hometown to invest in southeast Montana’s local food community. I have been gardening ever since. “Lady Kate’s Garden” is situated on 1 1/3 acres in Billings Heights. My focus has always been on growing sustainable food without the use of chemicals or pesticides.
We’re not happy unless we have our feet in the dirt and green under our fingernails. Working with Mother Nature and all of her moods can prove challenging, but it is also very rewarding.
There are many reasons why I, personally choose to farm, but here are the top 4.
- It is my desire to be a good steward of the land. Nothing seems more beneficial than to raise wholesome, nutritious food that can be shared with friends and family.
- I happen to believe that fresh, locally-grown, organic fruits and vegetables are indispensable for optimal nutrition and health.
- I have a strong desire for self-sufficiency for myself and for the community.
- It is simply the joy of the whole gardening process that keeps me happy and grounded…working the soil, patiently watching the growing process, the taste of the first ripe tomato, and the harmony of the seasons.
Come join us in the experience of growing….people and plants!
Get in Touch
- Winter still here? Tomato transplants are around the corner!
- Barley with Spring Greens
- Sweet Beet Dressed Slaw
- Potato, Bacon, and Greens Frittata
- Roasted Broccoli with Orange
- Ten Benefits to Buying Local
- Mario Batali’s Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
- Baba Ganoush Tahini
- Garden News – September 21, 2017
- Corn, Black Beans, and Tomato Stuffed Pattypan Squash